There is something about sweet and salty desserts that is just heavenly. The Yee Kwan ice cream range includes some sublime flavours with one of the most interesting being chocolate miso. A rich chocolate ice cream given an unusual twist with the addition of miso paste.
This flavour is a perfect match for any sweet, rich dessert. In this recipe I have paired the ice cream with a sticky toffee pudding. The salty kick of the miso creates a delicious diversion from the overload of sugar that sticky toffee pudding can often possess.
These are individual sticky toffee puddings so you will need either dariole moulds or ramekins for this recipe.
Here’s what you will need….
For the puddings…
175g Self Raising Flour, plus extra for dusting
100g Dates, pitted and roughly chopped
50g Unsalted Butter, softened plus extra for greasing
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
75g Golden Caster Sugar
½ tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Ground Ginger
For the sauce…
100g Unsalted Butter
100g Dark Muscovado Sugar
100ml Double Cream
Pinch of salt
Yee Kwan Chocolate Miso Ice Cream
Here’s how to make it…
1.Grease 4 dariole moulds with butter and then add a light dusting of flour, set aside. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Place the chopped dates into a small bowl and pour enough boiling water over to cover the dates. Allow the dates to sit for 5 minutes until plump, drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until creamy. Crack in the eggs and whisk, using an electric whisk, until combined. Add in the flour, vanilla extract, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger and dates. Mix well until combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the dariole moulds until the mix comes two thirds of the way up the moulds. Place the moulds into a small baking dish or on a baking tray and lightly tap the moulds to release any air. Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. Add all the sauce ingredients to a pan and heat over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce becomes a dark, thick consistency.
6. Carefully turn out the puddings and place onto a plate. Spoon over the sauce and serve with a ball of Yee Kwan Chocolate Miso Ice Cream – the ultimate indulgence!
Yee Kwan Chocolate Miso Ice Cream is available to purchase from Ocado
This is a sponsored post for Yee Kwan