I first had this sandwich at Borough Market in London from a place called Brindisa, a place famous for tapas with a stand just outside selling these beauties from Spain. Grilled chorizo, fresh rocket and peppers served on ciabatta bread, one of my favourites.
- 225g Chorizo, split into half down the middle
- 220g Antipasto peppers, such as Piquillo, drained
- 75g Fresh rocket, washed
- 2 Ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
- Olive oil
- Using a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Lay the chorizo flat-side down and fry for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the ciabatta halves and toast under a hot grill until golden.
- Assemble the roll by slicing the chorizo to fit the roll and topping with the peppers and rocket.