If you have any issues with vampires, this dish should see to that! Heavy on the garlic but also big on flavour. A traditional tapas dish from sunny Spain, simple to prepare and a pleasure to eat. You could also serve this with rice as a main meal.
Chicken with Almonds, Sherry and Garlic
8 hr 55 min
8 hr 55 min
- 8 Large Chicken thighs, skin on
- 5 Cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 50ml Olive oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and finely diced
- 100ml Dry Sherry
- 200ml Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Ground Almonds
- Pinch of sugar
- Olive oil
- Combine the garlic, parsley and 50ml olive oil in a bowl and add the chicken thighs. Coat the thighs in the mixture and cover the bowl with cling film. Leave overnight or at least 8 hours to marinade.
- Place a little olive oil in a wide non-stick pan over a high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces, skin side down, frying until the skin has browned. Turn the chicken over and add the onions and garlic followed by the sherry, reduce the sherry by half before adding in the stock. Turn the heat down and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and onto a plate, keep warm in a low oven while you finish the sauce. Whisk in the ground almonds to thicken the sauce over a low heat, add a pinch of sugar if the sauce is too acidic and check the seasoning. Add the chicken pieces back to the pan and coat with the sauce.
Artisan Traveller https://www.artisantraveller.com/