Healthy Leftover Chicken Pie
- 3 Large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- Leftovers from a large chicken, shredded
- 1 tsp. Dried thyme
- 1 tsp. Low fat creme fraiche
- 1 tsp. Butter
- 50g Gruyere, for grating
- 50ml Semi-skimmed milk
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add a pinch of salt. Add the carrots and potatoes and boil for 15-20 minutes, test a piece with a knife, if the knife goes through easily then the vegetables are ready. Drain and put the vegetables through a ricer or just use a masher.
- Add in the milk, butter and crème fraiche, stir together to create a smooth mash and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the shredded chicken meat into a pie dish discarding any bones or visible fat. Add the thyme and a good pinch of salt and pepper and toss the meat in the dish to season evenly. Arrange in a single layer and top with the mash. Grate a little gruyere over the top and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Artisan Traveller https://www.artisantraveller.com/