If you haven’t got hours to set aside to make bread, the good news is, you don’t need to! These flatbreads are done in under 30 minutes and go superbly well with greek style gyro’s or to serve simply with your favourite Indian, Mexican or Moroccan food – the choice is yours.
- 250g Strong White Flour, plus a little extra for dusting
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 100ml Warm water
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the salt, olive oil and two thirds of the water. Mix with the back of a wooden spoon until a dough forms, if the dough looks a little dry add more water until you have a soft slightly sticky dough.
- Dust the work surface with a little flour, turn the dough out onto the surface and knead for around 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Place in a clean bowl and cover the bowl with cling film, set aside for 20 minutes.
- Dust the work surface again with a little flour and turn the dough out of the bowl. Divide the dough into 5 equal pieces. Dust the surface again with a little flour and roll each piece of dough into a ball. Roll out each flatbread with a rolling pin to a circle as thin as you can possibly go.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle and once red hot place a flatbread in the pan cooking for a minute or so each side - the flatbread should be white with dark spots on both sides. Repeat with the remaining breads and serve.