This is a great way of making healthy food exciting. A fresh salmon fillet is lightly grilled and glazed with a Japanese-style soy and mirin sauce and garnished with fresh watercress leaves. Easy and quick to prepare with maximum flavour.
Japanese Salmon with Watercress
- 4 Salmon fillets, skin on, at room temperature
- 50ml Sake
- 25ml Mirin
- 50ml Dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 75g Watercress leaves, washed
- Walnut oil, to dress or Olive oil
- In a saucepan set over a high heat, add the sake and reduce by two thirds. Once the sake has reduced add the soy, mirin and sugar and reduce by half until a glossy sauce consistency is achieved. Keep warm.
- Reheat a grill to high. Lay the salmon fillets skin side up on a grill pan and grill until the skin goes crispy. Turn the salmon over and grill for a further 2-4 minutes or until done to your liking. Brush with a little of the sauce and place under the grill for 30 seconds to caramelize.
- In a large bowl, dress the salad leaves with a little walnut oil. Lay the salmon onto a plate and glaze with the sauce. Add the leaves alongside and serve.
Artisan Traveller http://www.artisantraveller.com/